Testosterone is a sex hormone produced by the male body in the testes. In females it is also produced, but in smaller amounts, by the adrenal glands and ovaries. In both sexes the pituitary gland and the hypothalamus regulate the production of testosterone in the body. In addition, testosterone increases muscle mass and stamina, and it influences sexual desire and behavior. Therefore, it is critical for both males and females to avoid the symptoms of testosterone deficiency, and find ways to raise testosterone naturally.
What Role Does Testosterone Play in Women’s Health?
Testosterone is responsible for the sexual health and libido of women. When testosterone levels are balanced, it can have a positive effect on the bones, muscles, and overall physical energy. Testosterone also plays a role in arousal, orgasms, and a healthy sex drive. Because of this, a testosterone deficiency can lead to a decreased functioning of these roles and the overall sexual system.
4 Ways to Raise Testosterone Levels Naturally
- Include some fats in your diet. The most important macro nutrient to consume is in order to raise testosterone levels is fat. Fat regulates nearly every hormonal process in the body. Healthy monounsaturated fats are vital for hormonal health. Essential fatty acids from peanuts, avocados, fish, and healthy oils like canola and olive are important in raising testosterone naturally.
- Increase dietary intake of vegetables. Vegetables like broccoli, cauliflower, radishes, turnips, and cabbage have been shown to reduce estrogen levels, which in turn raises levels of testosterone. Also, reduce consumption of soy, as it raises estrogen and has a negative effect of testosterone levels.
- Increase sexual activity. Sexual stimulation causes the body to increase the production of oxytocin, endorphins, and raises testosterone. It is ideal to have sex at least once a week to maintain high testosterone levels.
- Reduce stress. As easy as it sounds, lowering stress levels around the house and at work has been shown to be beneficial for testosterone production. This is because when the body encounters stress, it releases cortisol, which is a hormone that drops testosterone levels.
Can Supplements Raise My Testosterone Levels Naturally?
While you no doubt have come across some of the “miracle cures” offered by some companies in resolving testosterone deficiency, the truth is that some of the most effective ways of raising testosterone levels naturally are often approaches to improving general health and well-being.
For example, on top of the helpful tips offered above, limiting the amount of alcohol you drink is one practical measure. This is because alcohol makes the body slow down its production of testosterone in order to get the alcohol out of the system. Also, people getting sufficient rest have shown a higher level of testosterone than those who don’t, so regular sleep patterns are important.
Finally, while accepting the importance of a healthy lifestyle, low testosterone levels can be addressed through the use of some alternative medicines. These are often an effective supplement to support the production of testosterone. To look at some of the more effective raising testosterone supplements, click on the link below.
Our Readers also liked
- A Woman’s Concern: How to Reduce Testosterone Levels 370 views
- Testosterone and Menstrual Cycle 266 views
- Top 5 Herbs That Increase Testosterone 220 views