In order to understand the importance of herbs that increase testosterone, it is first important to identify what testosterone is. Testosterone regulates mood and cognitive functioning, as well as bone and muscle mass.
For this reason, many women seek herbs that increase testosterone levels in the battle against the symptoms of hormonal imbalance. It is important to understand the herbs and which ones to use. This article will look at why herbs are used and the top five herbs that increase testosterone in the human body. Read on to learn more.
Which Herbs Increase Testosterone?
A number of herbs are capable of increasing testosterone levels. Each of these herbs comes with its own unique set of benefits and disadvantages. These should be carefully considered before any course of treatment is started. The following herbs that increase testosterone are:
- Tribulus terrestris. It has a long history of use in the Far East, but has recently been used by the West in order to enhance physical performance and sex drive. Tribulus functions as an herb that increases testosterone through its steroid saponins known as terrestrinins.
- Ginseng. Ginseng has been used throughout the ages for virility and stamina. It has also been found to be highly effective in increasing testosterone levels.
- Mucuna pruriens. Mucuna is one of the many herbs that increase testosterone by the seed of the plant, having an anabolic effect on testosterone levels.
- Horny goat weed. Clinical trials have shown that horny goat weed is capable of acting as an herb that increases testosterone levels. In addition, horny goat weed also improves the circulation of hormones around the body.
- Tongkat ali. Clinical trials have shown that tongkat ali is an herb capable of increasing testosterone levels.
Who Uses These Herbs
Menopausal women are among the primary groups of people who use herbs to increase testosterone. During menopause, hormone levels fluctuate as hormonal production decreases. Because of this, one of the many symptoms of menopause is a loss of libido, since testosterone is no longer being produced in the same quantities as it was earlier in women’s lives. The menopausal women who use these herbs generally suffer from reduced libido, and are actively seeking natural treatment methods.
There are the top five herbs to look for when a woman is struggling with low testosterone. Although natural, each herb has the potential to produce negative side effects, so it’s important to consult with your doctor before proceeding with treatment of any sort. That said, there are also many other ways to treat low testosterone levels. Click here to find out more about testosterone treatments.
Our Readers also liked
- A Woman’s Concern: How to Reduce Testosterone Levels 332 views
- Testosterone and Menstrual Cycle 193 views
- Raise Testosterone Naturally 117 views