It is very important that the balance between estrogen and progesterone hormones is maintained. If there is an imbalance, women can suffer from many serious problems, including gall bladder disease and endometrial cancer.
High progesterone hormone levels can be caused for a number of different reasons. In this section, it will possible to learn about them, either natural or induced.
Causes for High Progesterone Levels
There are different causes of high progesterone levels, both natural and induced. Natural causes for high progesterone levels are usually linked to the ovaries production of hormones. Contrastingly, induced causes for high levels of progesterone hormones are typically caused by health issues.
Natural Causes for High Progesterone Levels
Natural causes of high progesterone levels are those that occur in the body due to essential bodily processes. Thus women do not control why they have naturally high progesterone levels. For example natural causes of high progesterone levels are usually linked to menstruation and pregnancy, such as:
- During pregnancy, the placenta will take over the production of progesterone hormones, which will be abnormally high during this period. This is because progesterone hormones have a very important role during pregnancy. They protect the fetus in the womb and prevent breasts from lactating.
- Additionally during ovulation, progesterone hormones are always at a very high level. This is because progesterone hormones help to prepare the body for pregnancy.
- Progesterone hormones can also be high during menopause. Because the body is ending its reproductive stage, it no longer produces the same quantity of progesterone and estrogen hormones.
Induced Causes for High Progesterone Levels
Induced causes for high progesterone levels are caused by women’s lifestyle choices. Thus women are usually able to avoid induced causes for high progesterone levels by making healthy lifestyle choices. There are different causes of induced high progesterone levels that women should be aware of, such as:
- If women do not take enough exercise, their bodies will be unhealthy and unable to cope with different natural functions (such as balancing progesterone and estrogen hormone levels).
- Additionally, a poor diet can have the same effect as no exercising and cause high progesterone levels.
It is important that women live a healthy lifestyle in order to maintain balanced progesterone hormone levels and avoid the many different causes of high progesterone levels. Furthermore women should not only ensure they are living a healthy lifestyle to avoid high progesterone hormone levels, they should also be aware that certain prescribed medications can cause high progesterone hormone levels.
Additionally now that high progesterone level causes have been explained, learn more about high progesterone levels effects on the body on symptoms of high progesterone levels.
|3 Ways to Balance your Progesterone Levels|
Menopause may cause an abnormally high or low amount of progesterone to be present in a woman’s body. Alternative treatments in the form of herbal remedies can help to naturally balance out hormonal levels. If symptoms are not controlled by this method, women may consider hormone replacement therapy or (...)
|How to avoid foods with hormones when grocery shopping|
You may be consuming harmful hormones in your meat, fruits and vegetables, without even being aware of it. Hormone-free means that no hormones have been added to meat or dairy products. The U.S. and the UK have regulatory bodies to control hormone-free food, but other countries are not as (...)