Hormonal imbalances that occur during middle age can leave women suffering from unpleasant side effects. However there are many treatments available that help women to beat their hormone imbalance symptoms, including natural remedies for hormone imbalances. Even so these side effects can range in severity and the different treatment options should be studied carefully. Women who are suffering from mild hormonal imbalance symptoms may be looking for ways to help their problems without medication.
Treating Menopause Symptoms
Using natural remedies for hormone imbalances is becoming increasingly popular because of the health benefits and the lack of side effects. Whereas prescribed medication can have many unpleasant side effects simple lifestyle changes are often easy to implement and keep up. There are many and varied natural remedies for hormone imbalances that women can turn to:
Eating a healthy diet as a natural remedy for hormone imbalances
- Base each meal around starchy food. Whole grain foods (such as bread, pasta, or rice) should make up a third of each meal because they contain vital nutrients such as fiber, vitamin B, and calcium.
- Include in your diet at least five fruits and vegetables a day. This can be surprisingly easy, with a glass of juice for breakfast, a side salad for lunch, a piece of fruit in the afternoon, and two portions of vegetables with dinner.
- Eat more oily fish. Many people base their meals around red meat however fish is filled with plenty of vital vitamins and minerals. Adults should eat roughly four portions of omega-3 filled fish per week (this is not true for pregnant women and children).
- Cut down on saturated fat and sugar. These foods, such as pies, cookies, butter, cheese, and fatty meats should be eaten in small portions. However it is important to consume foods such as nuts and seeds, avocados, oily fish, and vegetable oils, which are filled with cholesterol lowering unsaturated fat.
- Eat no more than 6g of salt per day. Salt is often a hidden ingredient in many foods. Many adults are unaware of the amount of salt that they are consuming daily, for example breakfast cereals and ready made sauces are often full of salt.
- Don’t skip breakfast, it gives energy for the day and has been shown to help people control their weight.
However if the severity of women’s hormone imbalance symptoms become stronger women do have other treatment options. Natural remedies for hormone imbalances, such as those mentioned in the article above, are important lifestyle tips. However for strong menopause symptoms prescribed medication can be more effective than natural remedies for hormone imbalances. Click here for more information about natural remedies for hormone imbalances.
Our Readers also liked
|4 Hormonal Imbalance Treatments for Women Over 40|
From the age of 40 onwards, it is likely that you will experience the effects (...)
|Blood Test to Diagnose Hormonal Imbalance in Women|
Menopause can be a challenging time for women. Fluctuations in hormone levels can occur frequently (...)
|Looking for a Quick Fix for Hormone Imbalance|
When women become menopausal they are often left struggling to cope, and desperate to fix (...)